Sunday, May 13, 2012

5/13/12 DIY Scalloped Shorts


 1. Take a pair of trousers or pants that you are willing to cut. I got these high waisted trousers at a thrift store for Halloween but never wore them since.
 2. Fold trousers over to make an even cut across. I a long line before hand so I would know to cut a little bellow.
3. Take a ruler or measuring tape to measure how long each scallop will be and mark how ever long you desire.
4.Draw out your scallops.
5. First pin, then cut your marked scallops.
6. VERY IMPORTANT STEP!!! Take the time to clean up your work area before you start sewing! ;)
7. Find the desired thread colors.
8. Use a zig zag stitch across the bottom of your scallops so that your shorts will not fray.
9. If you have a soldering iron with a flat head, rub against the sewn edges to melt down any fray. This is optional but it looks professional in the long run.
10. Show off your adorable mod scalloped shorts!
Pst! I love my new Dolce Vita heels! :3
<3

1 comment:

  1. :3 I'm flattered hehe thanks. I'll check out your blog rinnow!

    ReplyDelete